Inventor (Passive) - Levels up with Mastery Levels
Every time Tarantula picks up a Spare Part, he gets 10/12/14/16/18 armor for 30s/35s/40s/45s/50s (Stacks up to 3/4/4/4/5 times).
Injects an enemy, removing 50 armor and making it take 50/85/120/155/190% extra damage for 10s. If the enemy dies while Injection is still active, the enemy will explode, dealing 100/125/150/200/250 damage in the area.
Combat Drugs (Active)
Tarantula will take no damage, get +2/+2/+3/+4/+4 speed, and +50/70/90/110/130% damage for the next 10s, but will also lose 10HP/s. If Tarantula drops below 50 HP, these effects will end.
Mind Control (Active)
Turns 3/4/5/6/7 random enemy creeps nearby into friendly creeps for 10s/11s/12s/13s/14s.
Vile Concoction (Active)
Throws a vial at a target location that drenches enemies in red goo for 10s/12s/14s/16s/18s.If a covered enemy dies it will explode, dealing 125/160/195/230/265 damage, stunning for 2s/3s/4s/5s/6s, and spreading to newly hit enemies.
Black Blood - 1000 Gold
Enemies attacking Tarantula in melee combat have a 35% chance to take 30 damage.
Injector - 750 Gold
Gives a 25% chance to enemies hit by Tarantula to be marked, takThe
Gives a 25% chance to poison enemies, dealing 5 damage per second and slowing for 10s.
- "I've got some ideas......."
- "Let's experiment."
- (unintelligible, crazed cackling/coughing)
"Ooh did you see that!"
"Poison them! then I'll study their remains.
"What a fascinating specimen to destroy"
Easily one of the oddest characters in the game, Tarantula can literally fill out any niche you select: an unkillable tank, a creative support character, or a useful distraction for more nimble, weaker characters to hide behind. He is possibly the least mobile hero, due to his being the widest, so don't expect to do any hardcore exploring with Tarantula. Even though he moves relatively fast, Tarantula can't achieve the mobility Field Mouse, Mantis, and Toy Robot enjoy. Injection and Mind Control are useful in a pinch, with Mind Control to get swarms of Fleas off you, and Injection to reduce a heavily armored enemy to a gibbering mess, but I do not find Combat Drugs very helpful, and Vile Concoction is not very reliable. But, Tarantula is a difficult character to master, so feel free to play around with all four of his odd abilities. His passive ability, Inventor, is a great way to make up for Tarantula's clunkiness: give the brute more armor to make up for his poor mobility. Also, his attack speed is slow, but devastating, causing any enemy to fall (albeit not as fast as other characters), be they lowly Flea or terrifying War Slug. Tarantula has the second most health out of all the characters, second only to Hamster, but his competent armor causes Tarantula to arguably become the most effective Tank in the game.
Posted by AphidSenseiRage
- Tarantula's Mind Control ability is the only way in the game to get a friendly Siege Cannon, and the only way outside of Skirmish Mode to have friendly siege bugs (barring the Grub Spider Ranger, who can be summoned by Honey Bee's Comrades ability).
- Mind Control's effects also can become permanent if creeps under its effects survive to the end of a round in Endless Mode, and saving and quitting before the next round starts.
- Bug Banners will affect Mind Controlled creps, but the tower's buff won't be removed when Mind Control's effects wear off.
- Mind Control is also the only way to exceed the bug limit, as the ability converts enemy bugs into allies instead of summoning new bugs.