Hero page formatting
It seems the established formatting for hero pages has gone to the bugs. The result are informal and messy hero pages, which is generally less fun for everyone but the person who edited the page in the first place ;)
Here is a quick overview of the recommended formatting:
1. An intro/general description of the hero. Preferably directly from Foursaken, or a very general, neutral and formal text written by a player, with no traces of strategic advice or opiniated info.
2. Hero abilities. A thorough walkthrough of each ability of the hero (including the basic attack, if it haws noticeable properties), with descriptions, variable statistics depending on level in bold text, and tables where applicable. Praying Mantis Legendary Hunter is a particularly good example of thorough ability info, and how to input level-dependent statistics into the text. The Black Widow Assassin shows how to do a table for different stats for each level of an ability.
3. A list of all equipment for the hero. Pretty straightforward. Check above examples for formatting.
4. Player description and analysis. *SHORT* write-ups where players can offer their version of hero descriptions and quick guides. See Mantis and Black Widow.
5. Strategy/guides. *LINKS* do in-depth guides for that hero.
6. Trivia. Fun facts and short speculations regarding the hero.
7. Quotes. Quotes of that hero's sound bites/in-game comments.
Also, keep this post from the main talk page in mind when you post ANY kind of subjective advice regarding heroes:
When you publish subjective/opiniated info (single player guides, strategy advice, hero builds and application, etc), remember to tag your posts in order to clearly indicate a personal opinion. (As always, this is best done through a dash (-) followed by four tilde (~), which will automatically insert a link to your user.)
The same goes for any edits made to opiniated info already posted by another payer. (Ideally, we should not make edits to another player's guide, but if you just want to insert a few words worth of opinion, put it in parenthesis and tagged, much like an editor of a newspaper comments on a column or opinion piece.)
This is especially relevant on the individual hero pages for the bugs. Currently, quite a few of them read more like message board posts or subjective strategy guides, with a smattering of advice, scattered impressions and highly personal opinions. Tag anything that is not statistics or official posts by Foursaken in the manner described above, and even then, keep such strategy guides and advice to specific sections of the hero pages (see points 4 and 5 in the formatting guide, above).